You are the main factor in the presentation being successful, PowerPoint is just an aide
You can jazz up your presentations by applying this simple change to your bullet points!
The image below displays a comparison of 1 slide with normal bullet points (on the left), followed by the same slide where ‘SmartArt’ has been applied to the bullet text.
To do this –
- Within your presentation, click anywhere within your bullet text
- Click on ‘Convert to SmartArt see image below (You need to be at the Home or Insert Menu in your Ribbon)
- A range of different options will now drop down, from which you can select. Once you make your selection – the bullet points will change according to your selection. (See image below)
Remember also the following for best practice in the use of bullets…
- Use bullet points – they improve audience retention
- Limit Bullet Points and Text (perhaps 5 per slide)
- Revealing bullet points 1 at a time or all at once is actually a matter of choice, there is no benefit from the point of view of audience retention.
- You are the main factor in the presentation being successful, PowerPoint is just an aide
We hope this is of some assistance to you in your next presentation.
SpeedAuthor also assist organisations throughout the world to create all their corporate documentation, we are involved with many sectors – Telecommunications, Health, Banking / Financial, Military, Legal etc.